Thursday 4 June 2015

Jack Simpson writing

Shrapnel Valley, Gallipoli

15  May 1915

Today was horrible, nearly all my patients died.  I found 

my friends’ dead body lying on the track.  His name is 

Tom and he got shot in the heart.  I put him on donkey 

Duffy’s back and we carried him back down the track to 

our camp on the beach.  

So far we have rescued about 300 men.  I am exhausted 

and can’t believe how hot it is.  I want to get out of this 

dusty uniform.  I do not like this hot weather.  I don’t 

want to be at this war anymore because it’s so 

terrifying.  I want Duffy to have a rest.  We all smell of 

sweat and blood.

I wish this terrible war would end so all the people could 

go home and lie in their cosy warm beds.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Character Week

Red and White aka Read and Write Celebrating: Where’s Wally’s 30th Anniversary and Dr Seuss’s 60th Anniversary As part of Literacy Wee...